Summer vacation is almost over, and the season for back to school shenanigans is in full swing. Even though this time of year is stressful for kids and adults alike, it cannot compare to the hardships some families face when it comes to pediatric cancer.
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and YTE Events is proud to be a sponsor in the upcoming Cheval Cares 5k Family Fun Run on Saturday, September 20th, 2014. The annual Cheval Cares event helps the Pediatric Cancer Foundation raise funds for critical clinical trials including relapsed Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and refractory solid tumors.
Cheval Cares is a fundraising run/walk featuring a 5K course through the beautiful Cheval neighborhood community in Lutz, Florida. Following the race is a family fun celebration with YTE entertainers at the Chateau playground and pool deck. This special event is being organized by Lindsay Whitney and a committee of passionate volunteers and parents to pay tribute to the many children in the area who are battling cancer.
The Pediatric Cancer Foundation is committed to raising $500 a day for a total of $15,000 during the month of August, which just so happens to be the cost of funding 1 child in a clinical trial. Join the fight today by donating at www.fastercure.org or by supporting our partners during the Cheval Cares event.
Here are 8 great ways you can help raise money for a great cause:
- Host a raffle at your office and ask colleagues to donate $5 for a chance to win a Gift Card (tax write-off, too!)
- At your child’s birthday party or various event, ask guests to donate to the PCF in your name in lieu of presents or gifts
- Organize a community Yard Sale and donate proceeds to the PCF
- Host a back-to-school car wash and donate funds (be sure to promote that proceeds go towards the Pediatric Cancer Foundation!)
- Start a coin drive at church, school, a local coffee shop, or the office
- Shop with AmazonSmile and choose Pediatric Cancer Foundation as your organization of choice
- Suggest Dog Walking/Pet Sitting services to friends, colleagues, and neighbors and donate proceeds
- Ask your child’s teacher or principal if you can host a bake sale to collect funds to donate
Last year, Cheval reached out to Lauren the Balloon Girl and Georgia the Face Painter from YTE Events, and the two ladies entertained children (and adults!) of all ages during the second annual fundraising event. With over 400 runners and walkers, over 30 sponsors, more than 75 volunteers & committee members, 40 companies that gave chance drawing & auction items, and over 25 in-kind and food & drink donors, Cheval Cares helped raise $25,000 for the PCF!
This year, YTE Events is proud to be a sponsor for Cheval Cares, and is honored to provide even more entertainers! As the best entertainers in Florida, YTE artists love what they do and love giving back to the community. Volunteering their talents and their time to a great cause is just one of the many reasons why YTE entertainers are great! Such spectacular and kindhearted YTE entertainers that will be attending this year include:
- Balloon Artist
- Face Painter
- Super Hero Characters
- Break Dancing Robot
- And more…!
We cannot win the fight against childhood cancer alone—we need your help and your support. Join us and our heroes against cancer on Saturday, September 20, 2014, for the 3rd annual Cheval Cares 5K Family Fun Run at:
4142 Cheval Blvd,
Lutz, FL 33558
Packet pick-up begins at 7AM and the race starts at 8AM, and YTE Events will be entertaining from 8:30am to 10:30am at the Chateau playground.
Click here to register for Cheval Cares, and YTE looks forward to seeing you there!