We offer Caricature Artists for events in Central Florida. Caricature Artists are great entertainment that everyone loves! The talented artists can draw your guests as cartoons. The exaggerated drawings are a great give-away for your guests to take when they leave your event as well. On high quality paper, the drawings made can be framed and put on a wall to remember the event for years to come!
Caricature artists are a great ice breaker for any event. Audiences love when they create delightfully accurate, yet humorous illustrations. A caricature artist is always a sure way to make sure your event is memorable.
What is a Caricature Artist?
A caricature artists is an artist that specializes in drawing exaggerated cartoon versions of real persons, often while at an event. A caricature captured enough physical traits for the drawing to be identified as the person it was of, but is also purposefully exaggerated to make the drawing funny or humorous. Exaggeration can come in different ways. Often things are made bigger or smaller, things are simplified or over complicated, or proportions are used to create a fun and humorous photo of the subject. A caricature artist specializes in this exaggerated portrait art.
How many characters can someone do in an hour?
Though it varies with most artists and it varies on the type of caricatures drawn, a simple black and white caricature takes approximately 3 to 5 minutes per face drawn. So, a caricature artist can draw approximately 15 faces an hour. If 4 people are in the same drawing, that is 4 faces and will take anywhere from 12 to 20 minutes to complete. Let YTE Events and Balloon Decor know how many guests you are expecting and we can help to create a package that is perfect for your event.
A few tips to make the evening go smoothly for everyone:
- Let your guests know an artist is coming. This way, there will be a line waiting for the artist when he sets up, and he can maximize output at the event.
- Get your sketch done early! This let’s everyone know what to expect. You can commission the drawing ahead of time, sit earlier in the event, or have yours done from photos afterwards if you don’t have time.
- Set the artist up in the right location. This means away from the DJ or loud speaker, and in a well lit room. Are you planning on dimming the lights for dancing? If your artist can’t see or hear your guests well, it will make for a less productive and somewhat aggravating experience for everyone as the artist tries to communicate with your guests requests.
- Most venues are happy to accommodate the needs of your entertainment. If you are contacting them yourself, or you have a wedding planner, put the artist you hire in touch with the venue so that there is one less thing for you to worry about.
- Book early! Weddings are often planned months in advance, contact an artist early in the process to make sure you get one whose style of art suits your group.
How much does a Caricature artist cost?
Most of our caricature artists cost $135/hour, with a 2 hour minimum. We do have some specialty caricature artists who can draw in color, can draw a digital caricature, or who draw on specialty mediums such as coasters or specialty paper. Some of those caricature artists have additional fees associated with their equipment, setup, special printing, and travel. Though all of our artists can draw in black or white, we also have some that specialize in adding color to images. Just let us know what you are looking for and we will be happy to find the best artist for your event.
Want to save money on a caricature artists?
By picking the paper option and using only black and white drawings, you can save money. Color costs more money. Also, digital costs more money. When you choose black and white paper caricatures, you are getting a better rate per hour at your event.
Where did Caricatures start?
Originally caricatures were almost exclusively satires of political figures, starting back in the 16th and 17th centuries. When there is a message on morality or politics, a caricature is more accurately described as a satire. Originally only drawn with charcoal, pencil, and pen and ink; Caricatures now can be drawn with graphic programs digitally as well.
Where can I learn more about Caricatures?
There is always the Wiki Page on Caricatures, but we like to ask the artists themselves. When you hire a caricature artist for your event, ask them how they started. Let them tell you the history of their caricatures and how they learned. There are many paths to the artform and our artists absolutely love getting to talk about their passion and love of drawing caricatures.
All of our Caricature Artists in Central Florida travel to Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete, Lakeland, and Orlando. They are often booked for weddings, corporate picnics, birthday parties, graduations, trade shows and more.
How do I book a caricature artist near me?
Contact YTE Events and Balloon Decor. We offer caricature artists all over Florida and will be happy to help you find a caricature artist for your event. Feel free to call, email, or fill out our event request form for a free quote.